Sunday, November 18, 2007

another update... yep.


This weekend has been mucho productive! I pretty much locked myself in for 2 days and managed to finish all of my courses, except for 2 final exams (one of which I think I’ll have to end up taking in Provo) and 6-ish papers on cultural experiences... I still have to stay on it enough, but I feel as if a huge burden has been lifted! Wahoo! Anyway, tomorrow we have a day off so we're going to sight see a bit, hopefully go to the beach and I’ll do my final. Yes, I’m excited. It really is crazy how quickly time is passing; we only have 2 more weeks in Rio, and then about 2 weeks to Travel around the country. I'm excited to travel and then come home for Christmas, but at the same time, really don't want to leave this place behind. I really do love it here. Everything seems so simple here. Life really is good. Yesterday my friend Kali and I had the chance to attend and sing at the baptism of a friend at the center. It has been a huge blessing to see how much this course has been a doorway for people to not only learn about how to recognize their talents and gifts and how to apply them in the professional world, but also has been effective in helping myself and the students learn about the spiritual blessings that Heavily Father wants to pour upon us is as well. Although this baptism was of a volunteer at the center, we have seen many of our students accept the invitation to hear about the gospel and grow spiritually as well. Again, I really love this program, the people here in Brazil and the place. I'm not sure what it is about this place, but i really do love it.

5 comments:

Tammy said...

glad to hear everything is going well. Bytheway, Sherry you look beautiful in that picture!

dre said...

you are awesome! and you smell.

Pricilla said...

Sounds like you really are having an amazing experience. We will be exited to see you at Christmas too.

Heidi said...

glad ur really enjoying brazil...but dont stay there for ever i do want to see my sister again :) keep have a blast

Dickinson Family said...

I'm so happy for all that you are experiencing and giving. I look forward to seeing you soon.
Love Mom